MWANGAZA BHRF Specific Program Goals
- To provide adult male and females ages 18 years or older, a safe, nurturing, and positive environment that provides therapeutic care in a supportive home atmosphere, while enhancing personal growth and developing a sense of integrity in a 24-hour residential care facility.
- To utilize the skills of MWANGAZA BHRF caring team of behavioral health professionals, Behavioral Health Technicians (BHT), Behavioral Health Paraprofessionals (BHPP), and other contracted health agencies to provide a variety of interventions designed to assist residents in developing life skills, social skills, and career development.
- To help residents develop positive interpersonal skills for smooth eventual re-integration into their families and society as constructive and contributing citizens.
- To assist and support residents in acquiring independent and adaptive living skills, including self-administration of medication monitoring, medication education, allowing for independent decision-making, food preparation, and encouraging daily living activities and personal attention to hygiene.
- To build relationships of trust among personnel members, between the personnel members and residents, families, other caregivers, placing agencies, and the community through honest and open communication.
- To empower our residents through maximum support in order to bring out hidden skills and talents, also enabling residents to make educational or career choices.
- To help residents live in harmony with self and others through healing and growth of the whole person.
- The desired outcome of this therapeutic program is for residents and their families to improve the quality of their lives, thereby reducing dependency on outside agencies.
Teamwork. The MWANGAZA BHRF team collaborates with other professionals and agencies to more effectively serve our residents within the limits of respecting each resident’s right to privacy.
Vocational Services. MWANGAZA BHRF supports residents in attaining their personal measure of vocational achievement, and support when members can gain access to job readiness programs with their health homes.
Quality. The MWANGAZA BHRF team will strive towards continuous improvement in all our services, combining the best available technical support and expertise with the commitment and art of healing relationships. Social and recreational services, such as supervised outings to a park or sports activity; approved planned group activities with residents of another group home; and any outdoor activity that would enhance/improve social skills of an individual resident or the whole group.
MWANGAZA BHRF Philosophy
The MWANGAZA BHRF team believes that all individuals, including persons with mental illness and persons in recovery from the damaging effects of substance use deserve to be treated with respect and dignity and should be encouraged to participate as fully as possible in all decisions concerning their treatment and welfare.
Members that are in treatment will be at all times focused on self improvement and striving for the least restrictive setting when ready to discharge from our 24 hour a day 7 days a week supervised care. We believe in success in everyone and support members to be able to have sufficient income such as obtaining social security benefits and preparing members with job readiness so that when members do leave our care that they will have the resources to provide for their needs.
Talk to Us
If you would like to speak to a member of our team, please contact us at 520-248-1295.