Associate degree in Nursing or a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, and a current nursing license sanctioned by the state’s national licensing body.
educators, residents, families, and communities. When providing direct patient care, observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress; assist physicians during treatments and examinations; administer medications; and assist in convalescence and rehabilitation.
Maintain nursing licensing requirements; resident placement medical procedures expectations, and OBHL self-administration requirements.
Skills & Knowledge
Understanding of medical services and self-administration of medication procedures for residents with behavioral health issues, and substance abuse.
- Develop and approve agency’s self-administration of medication policies and procedures;
- Instructing residents on the use of prescribed medications, anticipated results, potential adverse reactions and side effects, and adverse reactions if medication is not taken;
- Requirements for storing, accounting, and disposing medications;
- Trains MWANGAZA BHRC personnel members on the self-administration of medication process, monitors and ensures personnel members implement and adhere to policies;
- Process for reporting self-administration of medication error, adverse reactions, refusal, or overdose;
- Ensuring resident’s medication regimen is reviewed by a medical practitioner and meets the resident’s treatment needs;
To apply for this position, please submit your details using our online application form.